DENVER, Colo. – The Gates Corporation, a global, diversified manufacturer of industrial, automotive and heavy-duty aftermarket products, recently announced the addition of 128 new part numbers covering late model vehicles to its line of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) quality aftermarket products. The product release also includes the new PolarSeal® II Clamp Assortment and PolarSeal II Male Flareless Assemblies for A/C repair, and the DriveAlign® HD Tensioner for DD Series Engines.
Highlights of the Gates new number announcement include:
* 25 new coolant hose SKUs, bringing the total number available to 4,281
* 19 Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) assembly additions for a total of 27 SKUs
* Nine additional DriveAlign® tensioners/pulleys for a total of 522 SKUs
* 22 new GlobalSpiral™ high-pressure couplings for 132 total SKUs
* Nine new Micro-V AT®, Stretch Fit® and FleetRunner® belts totaling 1,534 SKUs
* 24 new Micro-V® Accessory Belt Drive Kits for import applications
* Eight new PolarSeal® Couplings
* Two new automotive and two new heavy-duty water pumps
* Two new Gates products facilitate easy A/C repair. The PolarSeal® II Clamp Assortment includes tools needed to make A/C barrier hose assemblies in the field or in the shop without heavy crimping equipment. With eight new compression fittings, Gates PolarSeal® II Male Flareless Assemblies cover a wide range of tube/hose assemblies, reducing multiple inventory needs. The assemblies allow for flexibility in A/C repair as they can be mounted to existing tubing, eliminating the need for a new tube/hose assembly.
“We are excited about the expansion of our aftermarket product lines, especially our new PolarSeal II offerings, which are coming out just in time for the busy A/C season,” said Tom Trojan, Gates Product Marketing Manager.
In addition, Gates introduces the DriveAlign® HD Tensioner for DD Series engines installed in popular Freightliner and Western Star models, covering over 45,000 VIO. Fleet-tested to over 400,000 miles, the tensioner is an advanced, drop-in solution that lasts longer than the OE equivalent so fleet managers avoid unnecessary maintenance and lower their cost per mile.
Lastly, the release also includes a set of professional-grade hose clamp pliers for easy radiator hose installation and repair and DEF Hotline™ SCR Hose Assemblies covering heavy-duty vehicles like Kenworth and Peterbilt.