Igus produces a complete range of plastic self-aligning rod ends, spherical bearings and thrust bearings claimed to be 80 per cent lighter than steel alternatives.
All Igus bearings including Igubal are lifetime tested through millions of vigorous cycles in a variety of environmental conditions.
The Igubal spherical bearing range comprises lightweight, plastic, self-aligning bearing components consisting of a variety of rod-end, press-fit and thrust bearings. The range also includes clevis joints, pillow blocks, detectable self-aligning bearings and flange bearings.
* Igus’s lightweight bearings offer high-performance properties, enabling engineers to reduce the costs, maintenance and downtime associated with their equipment and processes.
* Vibration, noise, chemicals and moisture can impede the performance of metal components, which can in turn cause an engineer real problems when a machine is in operation; however, bearings made from plastic do not have these issues.
* Igus bearings offer low coefficients of friction and high tensile strength, so time wasted on unscheduled maintenance is unlikely to occur.
Igus UK has developed two food-grade polymer bearing materials — Iglidur A181 and Iglidur A160 — that are compliant with both the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) specification for repeated contact with food and the EU 10/2011 Directive. The materials have been designed to allow food manufacturers to increase the reliability of their processes while producing food to the highest standards.
The polymer bearings do not contain any ingredients that can cause harm if ingested and do not deteriorate or change the composition of food.
They are suitable for all food and drink processing and preparation equipment.
See ’related articles’ to watch a video about the blue Iglidur bearings from Igus.
* The Iglidur A181 bearing material has good resistance to chemicals and can be used universally in a variety of applications
* The Iglidur A160 bearing offers very high chemical resistance as well as being cost effective
* The bearings are coloured blue, allowing them to be easily detected in case any particles enter the production line
* They can improve machine performance, according to Igus
* The bearings are wear resistant and lubricant and maintenance free, increasing reliability
* The bearing materials are available in diameters from 6mm up to 20mm from stock
* They are tested for millions of cycles in real-world applications and environments
igus®, a leading developer of high-performance polymer machine components, won two awards as part of this year's iF product design competition. A panel made up of 50 judges from around the world judged that the company’s e-spool—a variation on traditional cable drums—exceeded its exacting standards. The innovative design guides cables and hoses telescopically and is ideal for restricted spaces. A retention spring provides the correct length and tension of the chain. Potential applications include lighting and stage equipment, because of the inherent lack of space.
Triflex® R TRLF is an easy-to-fill and cost-effective cable carrier designed for three-axis movement. With its round design, Triflex R cable carriers are ideal for robotic applications due to their smooth movement around the contours of a robot. This latest addition to the range has links that can be easily flipped open to fill or retrofit cables and hoses.
With another two iF product design awards under its belt, igus has once again demonstrated its expertise when it comes to industrial design. Since 1987, a total of 26 igus innovations have received this prestigious award. This is due largely to the company’s goal to introduce products to market that combine both function and design.
About the iF design awards
The iF design awards receives more than 20,000 entries from over 50 countries and are among the largest and most important international design competitions. The iF label is a seal of quality recognized all over the world.
: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function twentytwelve_content_nav() in /home/powertra/public_html/wp-content/themes/shop/tag.php:40
#0 /home/powertra/public_html/wp-includes/template-loader.php(106): include()
#1 /home/powertra/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/home/powertra/...')
#2 /home/powertra/public_html/index.php(17): require('/home/powertra/...')