Tokyo, Japan, September 6, 2013 – NSK Ltd. (NSK; Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan; President and CEO: Norio Otsuka) today announced that it has made NAVI-FOCUS―a program for instantaneously calculating bearing life and torque―compatible for use on the iPad and made this iPad version available to its tech services and salespersons worldwide on August 6, 2013. The intent of the release of the NAVI-FOCUS program is to improve the speed and efficiency of tech services, thereby improving customer satisfaction and strengthening NSK's sales structure and culture.
NSK will endeavor to expand the use of IT tools to provide more sales support tools going forward.
*:iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
The Goal of Developing Sales Support Tools
- 1. Improved Customer Satisfaction and Sales Efficiency
- NAVI-FOCUS is a service that NSK started providing in 2008. It enables salespersons to instantaneously calculate the life and torque of bearings under consideration. By making NAVI-FOCUS available on the iPad, salespersons will now be able to quickly select the bearing that is best suited for customers and dealerships, even when they are away from the office.
*: National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) International is a not-for-profit, independent certification organization based in the United States that is recognized as an international authority in the field of public health and safety.
- 2. BCP (Business Continuity Planning)
- This kind of tool takes advantage of high-speed, wide-bandwidth connections to enable the continuation of some aspects of business even when large disasters occur.
- 3. Reduced Costs and Impact on Environment
- One of the aims of digitizing product catalogs is to reduce costs by decreasing the amount of paper used, as well as by eliminating or reducing the chore of creating, distributing and storing meeting documents.
- Source: NSK